With the establishment of the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) and Racing Queensland undergoing a brand refresh, a full website revamp was needed to provide more up-to-date functionality, improve the display of racing information for participants and stakeholders, change content hierarchy and bring the three codes of racing into a single, searchable and filterable schedule.
The objectives for the new website included:
- Incorporate the new branding and look and feel
- Allow for new wagering optimisation
- Introduce a flexible widget based CMS editing experience
- Utilise Kentico’s customer experience management solution
- Reflect RQ’s current strategic vision in information architecture and direction
- Introduce user experience testing to ensure navigation and structure meets the primary users' needs
- Implementation of a custom login area for stakeholders with bespoke mobile app integration
Zeroseven was involved in Racing Queensland's strategy process from the start of the rebranding project, and worked to create a multifunctional site that is user-friendly, engaging and one that will stand the test of time through dynamic functionality.
This provided the opportunity to enhance the current suite of functionality, as well as introduce new searches, content types, and real-time updates for the race schedule.
The website is responsive and optimised for mobile and tablet viewing, encouraging users to view Queensland Racing information anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Integration with the Kentico EMS allows Racing Queensland to facilitate to better engage with participants and stakeholders through marketing automation.
This engagement is achieved through various content channels, including but not limited to email marketing, news and event pages, automated participant notifications, and dynamic generation of race schedules and results linking to participant profiles and replays.