Dovetail provides advice and training services to professional support workers and communities who work with people who engage with alcohol and drug use. The Dovetail website allows users to easily access online training such as video seminars. Users can also stay up to date with news articles and online resources.
The objectives for the new website included:
- A fresh look and feel aligning with Dovetails brand ethos
- Fully responsive layout for enhanced usability on all devices
- Redefine navigation and information architecture allowing users to effortlessly access required information
- Allow administrators to update content, modify designs and create forms with ease
- Dynamic Slang and Acronym dictionary
- WCAG AA accessibility compliance
- Internal site search and articles pages with social media share.
Zeroseven worked closely with the Dovetail team to create a modern fully responsive and WCAG AA compliment website.
Compliance to a high level of accessibility was also an important requirement.
- Internal compliancy audits
- Relevant and descriptive ALT tags on content images.
- Captions for all video and audio content.
- Website colours passed accessibly testing
The user’s journey is now simpler with clearly defined navigation auto complete search. Umbraco stacked content has been used to allow Dovetail content editors freedom organising content on a page. Umbraco Forms enabled additional content flexibility. Dovetail editors can create forms, customisable fields and labels and place where they wish on the website.
The Slang and Acronym dictionary was custom built to meet the requirements specified by Dovetail. Users are able to dynamically access definitions through an intuitive search tool. Having this page editable allows editors to easily update terms, definitions and acronyms. Users are also able to submit suggestions that are then facilitated and added through the Umbraco back-end.