Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - The leading health and welfare statistics agency in Australia
The AIHW needed a user centred website refresh to allow them to display their extensive collection of reports and statistics.
Objectives of the new website included:
- Display a large amount of reports and statistics in easily understandable categories
- Fit in with existing business processes
- Responsive design across a range of device sizes
- WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility compliance
The project started with an extensive consultation process, which consisted of workshops, brainstorms and requirements gathering from various business units within the organisation.
- The navigation was carefully researched and reconfigured to allow users to easily find the statistical content that they are looking for.
- Report pages have advanced options for content display, catering to the different types of data that AIHW provide.
- Custom search functionality allows searching within site content, PDFs and well as different data types and has many filter options to give customised results.
- A custom content workflow caters for internal processes of approval and publishing via various internal business units.
The site also allows editors to input content with standardised icons, images and colours for a cohesive brand presence.